13.11.05

there's no place like home

I genuinely missed home today.
The Bears played at Soldier Field today. Plenty of suburbanites came to the city today with all their garb and the grills in Lincoln Park were fired up.
This would have been a day when my dad cracks open a Sam Adams at 2:00 with maybe a friend or neighbor. I would be in the sun room reading or doing homework. Elliot and Jo would be in their rooms or on the computer. Mom would be in and out of the kitchen, probably cooking chili or soup. Every once in a while she would call to me to chop or wash something, maybe set the table.
That is the perfect Sunday at home and I miss it.
I know I'll be home soon enough. I just have to get through this week and then it's six weeks off. But I know when I get home, I'll just be itching to go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 cents please!