1.10.05

Homecoming

I've done a terrible thing, punishable by death in my standards.
I went home for homecoming.
I didn't even realize what I had done until I got ready for bed last night.
Last year at this time, I wrote a piece about how I hated alumns for coming home and telling me how great college life was, and how they were a bunch of losers for doing so. Now, I am among their ranks. I am disgusted with myself. Especially since I verified going to the homecoming game to see the marching band's new field show (which was cool and worth sitting through). I lied to myself! I really wanted to go home and see my old friends, only it turned out that the people I really wanted to see weren't there (but of course, Abby, I love you unconditionally and came to the game just to see you...).

So now that I'm back home in the suburbs, I have to learn how to drive again, and come to terms with my complete and utter boredom here. My entire day today was spent grocery shopping with my brother, and playing with my sister's stupid hamster that escaped from its cage today. We found it.
I don't know what I'm going to do in December when I'm home for the entire month. Maybe I can go through the winter quarter so that I don't have to come home.
No, I wouldn't do that. Family is more important despite the locale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 cents please!