7.5.06

Pretty Girls Make Metro Bouncer Mad

Sad story.

On Friday, the boy and I went to the Metro to see Pretty Girls Make Graves. He really likes them, and I think they're decent, although I don't know their music all too well.

Long story short: We got kicked out before the show even started because a bitchy, pretty boy bouncer saw me take a few sips from Dan's beer with no pretty green wristband on. No different from any other time I've been to a concert. We weren't making a scene or being out of control. Honest to God I only had a few sips. But, the bouncer wasn't budging or making any deals. I offered to leave and go home so Dan could stay and enjoy the show (mostly because it didn't mean that much to me anyway), but he refused, and we walked home in silence.

What happened to the good old days of the Metro? When people could drink and smoke and have a good time listening to good music? Sigh...

To make myself feel better for getting us kicked out, I decided that whoever this pathetic, must-stick-to-all-the-rules bouncer was just dumped by his girlfriend and in order to make himself feel important again, he picked on a cute girl who looked similar to his ex.

Well bouncer, I hope you do feel better for picking on a little girl like me who would never do anyone harm unlike a big black man on crack who would no doubt kick the bejesus out of you if you ever tried to kick him out. Way to go, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 cents please!